Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 9 and I feel fine!

So day 9 is upon us and I'm dying to get on the scale to see what I weigh.  I feel great today.  Lean and mean.  Yesterday I had a great workout and post workout with Kristina.  My bum is sore from CrossFit this week and it's the good kind of sore.  The kind of sore that lets you know that something is working!  I love it!  My jeans fit good this morning and everything.  I really want to know what my number is.  But, I won't.  I will not do it.  A few of reasons why I will not do it: 1) I said I would not (reason enough...I must be a person of my word thus saith the Lord), 2) I can't imagine what I would do if I wasn't at the weight I thought I should be at.  It would send me into a downward spiral and I can't afford that, especially since it's a beautiful day and I don't want to waste it on self loathing thoughts.  3) If the number was much lower than I expected I could get cocky real quick and think I can do no wrong...that I am just that fit.  I've experienced this feeling which usually leads to celebration which usually leads to the pounds coming back.  No thank you.  Therefore, given the aforementioned reasons, I shall not weigh myself.  I will just bask in the feeling of awesomeness that I have today and I will be content with it. 

Meanwhile, I am having a wonderful salad for lunch today.  Truly amazing.  Mixed greens, arugula, red onion, avocado, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and oranges dressed with olive oil, juice from my orange, and a tsp of my mango dressing.  So fresh and delicious.  I highly recommend it.  Also, one reason that I don't like making salads at home is because they never seem to be mixed enough or dressed enough.  To solve this problem, I throw all my salad ingredients in a freezer bag including oils and dressing and shake so everything is mixed.  Then I pour onto my plate.  Genius and perfection.  Please feel free to pin :)

I'm going to try and figure out how to fit in a workout in the next 3 days.  I have church tonight, a church meeting tomorrow, and there's no Friday CrossFit class.  Might have to bite the bullet and wake up early...yuck.  Definitely not ideal, but might have to happen. 

I hope you too enjoy the sunshine today.  I'm loving it even though I won't be running in it.  It is God's anti-depressant and I'm so thankful for it.  Thank you Lord.

Enjoy your day!

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment