Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 10...it takes a village...

You'll have to excuse me....I'm a bit ferklempt right now.  Seriously, I'm overwhelmed by someone else's actions right now.  You see, today is February 28th.  It is the last business day of the month.  It is cake day.  Not just any cake day, but MY cake day...for my birthday month.  I totally forgot all about it until I returned from lunch to find a small note from Saint Weaver notifying us of the day.  My heart sank.  I'm not going to get cake on MY cake day.  This is a tragedy, a true tragedy.  Stacy tried to console me by telling me flat abs are better than cake.  I'm not so sure I agree with her today...yesterday maybe, but not today.  I want cake!!



 
And then, 5 minutes into my pity party, Saint Nancy entered my office.  She said, "it's cake day and this is YOUR cake" as she offered me a pint of mixed fresh tropical fruit.  She said, "this is so you won't cheat.  You get yours first."  OH.EMMMM.GEEEE.  How thoughtful and supportive and sweet is that?  Immediately, the feeling of deprivation and defeat fled my body.  I can do this.  I may not be able to do it on my own, but I have support...I can do this.  Thank you Saint Nancy for your extreme thoughtfulness.  You just saved me.


Let this be a lesson.  Accountability, though sometimes embarrassing, is often necessary for an addict....whatever your addiction may be.  I think I totally would've justified cheating today if Nancy hadn't been there reminding me of my resolve.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment